'Go & See' Project
This project builds upon the format of the 'Close-up'
discussion club, where discussions are held weekly and are open to participants
of various interests and backgrounds.
The 'Close-up' discussion club provides an informal public space for
presenting and debating topics, ideas and projects in the field of art,
culture, new media and politics.
The 'Go & See' discussion series aim at streamlining and improving
efficient communication through introducing thematic clusters and debating
over current issues related to the specific ways in which informal and
marginalized communities exploit the visual, the conceptual and the political.
As the project unfolds it will research the articulate and independent
social domains, practices, patterns of behaviour and the ways they interact
with one another. This 'research' is carried out from the point of view
of the curious researcher, who without the opportunity to be omnipresent
in all social domains is still interested in the common structuring principles
behind them. The introduction to different social domains happens through
presentations, which are made by active participants in these domains.
The discussion moderation facilitates the discussion with a view to the
particular topic and the unfolding group dynamics.
The following thematic clusters will be exploited through the duration
of this project.
1. The VISUAL: concepts and politics
comic books: How to Read them?
Presented by Stanislav Iliev and the team of comix.cult.bg
"Close up" Discussion Club presents the International competition
for realistic painting"Balkan Artists 2004"- its concept,
participants, nominated and awarded artists.
culture!? what's this? presentation of eskimo.org
- five movements"
- Street Media - Non-commercial media & Mass Culture - Graffiti,
Sub-culture and Kitsch - Importing Sub-cultures
Presented by Georgi Lilov, New Bulgarian University
- Underground, Music & Graffiti
Presented by the team of tru-undergound.org
- Freecards? The Practices of fame.bg
Presented by the team of fame.bg
- Stickers & Fliers: Directions for Use - Anti-ads - The practices
of Adbusters, USA
2. The CONCEPTUAL: visuals and politics
- Alternative TV Networks: independent and public TV in Holland, Germany,
Austria & the Netherlands
Presented by Ventsislav Zankov, Panelists: Milen Tsvetkov, Ivan Garelov
- High Tech Media - Savoring the Public Domain - Public v/s Private
in the Web - Socialism? I have been there
Presented by Georgi Gospodinov, Diana Ivanova and team
- High Tech Ethics - E-forums, E-registers, Sharing the Web - Experiment.org
& Alternative Culture Sites
Presented by Raina Markova & Alek Popov
- High Tech & (new) Culture
Presented by Boris Kostadinov, Editor INTRO Magazine
3. The POLITICAL: concepts and visuals
- Indymedia and the Promises of New Technologies - Political identity
in the Web - The message & the Web - New Technologies # new message?
Presented by the team of Indymedia
- Formatting Europe - the Long Winding Road from Radio 'Free Europe'
to Radio 'New Europe'
Presented by the team of Radio 'New Europe'
4. The Visual, the Conceptual , the Political
- Gay communities - Tolerance & affirmative Action - The Stereotypes
Presented by the GEMINI Gay Organisation
- Diversity Revisited - AIDS and the Deficiencies in Communication -
the HIV Stigma
- Guilt as Legitimate Fear - Communication Shutdown
Presented by 'Plus Minus' Foundation, 'Hope v/s AIDS' Foundation and
other organisations representing HIS positive persons